Dear Clients, Partners, Supporters, Volunteers, and Friends!
Thank you for your continued support and patronage of AHF Health Fairs. We had another successful season and wanted to share some highlights. In fall 2016,
- We were covered in Alaska Business Monthly, Top 49ers edition. Link: https://alaskahealthfair.org/alaska-health-fair-gets-covered-alaska-business-monthly-magazine/
- We conducted 33 events serving thousands in all corners of our great state!
- Number of clients served has grown by 4% compared to fall 2015, and attendance at some fairs have grown by as much as a third.
- According to event evaluations collected from our clients, 96% said they planned to follow up with a healthcare provider if blood tests and/or screenings at the fair reveal issues. This number went up slightly compared to prior seasons.
- Over 85% of respondents said they gained a better understanding of ways they could have healthier behaviors.
- Over 87% of respondents indicated they had an improved quality of life as a result of attending a health fair, and, over 99% marked they were satisfied with AHF health fairs and services.
We are very appreciative of your kind words and high marks, thank you! We will act on the feedback that you provided to continue improving our events.
Additionally, we rolled out several new blood tests — Vitamin B12 and Celiac Disease screen — that were well received. We also invested financial resources in health education and customer experience improvement, and gained several new worksite and community health fairs.
In 2017, we plan to roll out new blood tests and continue investing in health education and customer experience improvement. We’ll bring online a new database to manage information about hundreds of volunteers and health educators more efficiently. We’ll also host several new health fairs, including worksite events and events for Veterans.
Health fairs will resume in February. Please visit our front page for more information.
From all of us at AHF, please accept our warmest wishes of Happy Holidays and Happy New Year! We wish you health above all, and that all of your dreams come true in 2017. We would like to thank hundreds of medical and non-medical volunteers, health educators, and exhibitors who make health fairs possible. Thank you for your contribution of time, energy, and enthusiasm!
We look forward to seeing you next year!