2017 Alaska PLAAY SUMMIT – February 24-25, 2017
Held at Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium, 4000 Ambassador Drive, Anchorage, AK
Featuring a slate of field experts from around the state, the PLAAY Summit provides teachers, parents, nurses, coaches, administrators and other leaders of youth with a conference to address the multi-factorial areas of adolescent health. PLAAY will emphasize the importance of physical activity as a means to improving teenage health. The conference focuses on psychological and social-emotional development, and the creation of opportunities for education and training of adult leaders who work with children. Follow this link to view the agenda.
- Coaches, teachers, parents, nurses, and any adult who is involved with educating, coaching, and mentoring our youth in sports and other activities. Limited to 100 attendees.
- The PLAAY Summit is a collaborative effort with local healthcare providers to educate our communities regarding the health and well-being of youth.
- Video conferencing is available- register soon as limited to 10 remote sites. Email Wallace Wilson for discuss establishing a link.
Continuing Nursing Education (CNE)
- CNE certificates to be presented at conclusion of Summit.
Professional Development Credits Available
- PACE CEU’s available for ASD employees at https://uaonline.alaska.edu/.
- General Public- $150. School District Employees- $100 if seeking Professional Development Credits. PDCs are available through PACE for an additional $99. Register athttps://uaonline.alaska.edu/. UAA students- $50. Must show credentials at check-in.
Published with permission of our partners at AK DHSS