Health Fairs & Affordable Blood TestsServing Alaskans since 1980
Why come to AHF Health Fairs?
Alaska Health Fair (AHF) is a nonprofit providing Health Fairs statewide since 1980.
We look forward to seeing you at our Health Fairs!
Get the complete picture with one of our “Wellness Packages” or order tests individually. Blood tests available at all health fairs.
- Blood chemistry screen – (27 panels) – covers infection, anemia, liver disease, clotting ability, kidney and adrenal function, liver function, bone disease, tissue disease and damage, heart function, liver function, muscle function, and lipids (coronary heart disease) (fasting 10 hrs.) – 45
- Thyroid screen – 35
- Prostate disease screen – 25
- Vitamin D screen (D2, D3) – 50
- A1C diabetes – 25
- Blood typing – 20
- Vitamin B12 – 35
- Celiac disease – 35
- Ferritin – 35
- Allergy respiratory profile for Alaska – 195
- New! Testosterone (men) – 55
Men’s Wellness Package – includes Chemistry/Hematology Profile (Infection, Anemia, Liver Disease, Clotting ability, Kidney and adrenal function, Liver function, Bone disease, Tissue disease or damage, Heart function, Liver function, Muscle function, Coronary heart disease (lipids)), Thyroid Screen (Thyroid function), Vitamin D Screen (Bone metabolism, Parathyroid function), A1C Screen (Diabetes, Glucose), and Prostate Disease Screen (fasting 10hrs.) – 180.
Women’s Wellness Package – includes Chemistry/Hematology Profile (Infection, Anemia, Liver Disease, Clotting ability, Kidney and adrenal function, Liver function, Bone disease, Tissue disease or damage, Heart function, Liver function, Muscle function, Coronary heart disease (lipids)), Thyroid Screen (Thyroid function), Vitamin D Screen (Bone metabolism, Parathyroid function), and A1C Screen (Diabetes, Glucose) (fasting 10 hrs.) – 155.
Click here for detailed descriptions of tests. Results mailed directly to you within 2-3 weeks. Credit cards, cash, and check accepted. Testing available for persons 18 years of age and older. Click here for Allergy Respiratory Profile information.
Cannot Wait for a Health Fair?
We offer in-office blood tests in Anchorage and Fairbanks, beginning in January 2019. Give us a call to set an appointment. A $10 per-visit fee applies.
- Anchorage – blood tests on some Tuesdays, from 9am to 11am. Location: AHF office, 720 W. 58th Ave. Unit J, Anchorage, AK 99518. Please call (907) 278-0234 to confirm availability and to set an appointment.
- Fairbanks – blood tests two Tuesdays each month, from 9am to 11am. Location: AHF office @ Fairbanks Community Food Bank Building, 725 26th Ave., Suite 201, Fairbanks, Alaska 99701. Please call (907) 374-6853 to confirm availability and to set an appointment.
It’s a good time to think about the ways you can reduce the risk of cancer for yourself and your loved ones. You can take these steps that have been shown to prevent cancer: Be physically active and follow a healthy diet Maintain a healthy weight Don’t use tobacco or...read more
Why should I be checked for kidney disease? Diabetes and high blood pressure can damage the kidneys and lead to kidney disease. You need to get checked for kidney disease if you have one of these conditions. Here are some other reasons to get checked: Early kidney...read more
Your kidneys help maintain your overall health including cleaning waste and extra fluid from your blood. Your kidneys also: Balance chemicals in your body Help control blood pressure Help keep your bones healthy Help make red blood cells Fifteen percent of Americans...read more
We often say health fairs would not be possible without the support of hundreds of volunteers and partner organizations. We appreciate your contributions of time and energy and making health fairs such a success. Today we would like to recognize AHF's volunteer Board...read more
By Betty Rieth, AHF *** We have survived yet another year! 2018 is almost over, and we are making all kinds of plans for the next season. We hope some of the changes will make you smile. We at Alaska Health fair wish you all a very merry and safe Holiday Season. One...read more
By Barbara Fiscus, Juneau *** As we wrap up 2018, my thoughts turn to the New Year. Many people associate this time with reflection, goal setting and resolutions. As we consider the next year, most of us have things that we wish were different in our lives; however,...read more