Dear Clients, Partners, Volunteers, and Exhibitors,
We would like to thank you for your continued support of our agency in 2018. It was an interesting year for us as we experienced significant changes in operations. We are proud to report that Alaska Health Fair, with your help, has achieved the following results:
- Delivered 86 Health Fairs statewide (four more than last year!)
- Invested in new health education materials and office equipment
- Invested in client experience improvement; we do our best to keep Health Fairs educational and enjoyable for you.
- Moved Fairbanks operations to a larger facility
- Welcomed a new person – Jodie White joined AHF Anchorage team
- Partnered with the State of Alaska on fall prevention education
- Supported many local organizations with free educational materials and exhibits from our growing health education library
- Welcomed around 500 new clients at AHF Health Fairs
- Maintained client satisfaction ratings of around 99%!
We would like to thank our volunteers and exhibitors for making this a successful year for AHF. We appreciate you! AHF Health Fairs are community events and would not be possible without your contribution of energy.
We would like to thank you, our clients, for your support and your patience with us this year. AHF clinical laboratory, PAML, was acquired by LabCorp, and we had to work through some big changes internally. AHF staff and volunteers worked tirelessly to ensure that the client experience was not impacted during this time. However, we had some hiccups and delays that impacted some of our clients. For example, some clients were erroneously billed by LabCorp for the tests they bought through AHF. If someone purchased a complete wellness package from AHF for $150, they received an invoice from LabCorp for the “full” price of the tests in the amount of $1,600. If you received an invoice from LabCorp, please don’t pay it; please give us a call (or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will set things right. Although PAML is now LabCorp, we expect no changes in price or availability of blood tests in the future. AHF will remain the provider of the most affordable and comprehensive blood tests in Alaska.
In 2019, AHF plans to continue investing in new health education materials and customer experience improvements. We want to make sure our Health Fairs are enjoyable and educational, for the benefit of all Alaskans. We wish you Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year!
“May the Holidays bring Friends to your Fireside, Peace to your Pathway, and Success in your New Year” (Unknown Author)
From all of the Alaska Health Fair staff – Andrei, Betty, Sharon, Jodie, and Volunteers!
Health Fairs will Resume in January
Please subscribe to our newsletter to be notified when the schedule is published. AHF offices will be closed from December 21st through January 7th for the Holidays. Please look for the Spring Health Fair Schedule and updated exhibitor and volunteer applications to be published on our website at the beginning of January.